JELD-WEN, a leading manufacturer of building products, was informed in 2015, by AT&T, that AT&T would be shutting down operations at the datacenter JELD-WEN was currently using. Since the data center was hosting servers currently in production, JELD-WEN would need to find a solution that could migrate their current test and production workloads to the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform without interruption to the production servers, as well as keep their data bases intact.
In September 2015, JELD-WEN collaborated with ATADATA to leverage the ATADATA Transformation Suite and Professional Services to perform discovery and migration efforts of 49 test and production servers. These servers would need to be migrated from their current location (the AT&T datacenter) to the Microsoft Azure Cloud. During the discovery phase of these servers, 3 were identified as critical Windows 7 machines which would need to be migrated.
Since JELD-WEN had previously worked with ATADATA to successfully provide AIX migration solutions on a separate project, they knew they could return to the team to seamlessly execute their new migration with extreme proficiency. ATADATA utilized the ATAvision module to perform a 2-day discovery on the source environment to identify configurations and affinities. After providing this information to JELD-WEN, JELD-WEN was able to draft a list of the target server sizes and ATADATA’s Professional Services team was able to create and map the servers with each source and execute the migrations. After the migration, direct cutover steps were performed by JELD-WEN and the migration was completed successfully.
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 7 Machine
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 AutoCAD
- Apache Tomcat
- Visual Studio TFS
- Agentless and lightweight deployment of ATADATA modules allows for rapid, effective, secure solution delivery, enabling PS team initiatives.
- Detailed ATAvision reporting enabled fact-driven migration wave planning.
- With a data-informed migration plan in place, the team was able to execute migrations with ATAmotion ahead of schedule.
- Migration was 100% successful: no unscheduled downtime, or business disruption, across very complex multi-tiered critical business applications.